Guadeloupe currently has several recovery units that use a variety of processes to transform biomass into energy.
Combustion and Co-generation
- The thermal power plant in Le Moule, which transforms bagasse from the Gardel sugar factory into steam and electricity.
- The Bologne Distillery’s steam and electricity production unit.
Bagasse processed by this power plant represents 3% of the total electricity production and 16% of the renewable electricity production in Guadeloupe.
- Vinasse methanation plant at Bologne Distillery
- Vinasse methanation at Bonne-Mère industrial-use distillery
- The RSMA Ga agricultural methanation unit
Current figures for Biomass / Biogas production are available in the Key Figures tab (in French only).